Should I myself tint my windows or take it somewhere?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trenton Sauer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking into tinting my windows and i was wondering if I should do it myself or if I should go somewhere and pay to have it done. I have been contemplating doing it myself and making a small buisness out of it if I can figure it out. Does anyone know a good place to get quality window tint? Thank you

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I'd just take it somewhere. Most places have a warranty so if any bubbles show up they'll re-do the work for free. If I recall correctly it only cost me a little over $100 to get my red standard cab done.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally I'd just take it somewhere. Most places have a warranty so if any bubbles show up they'll re-do the work for free. If I recall correctly it only cost me a little over $100 to get my red standard cab done.
X2 Save yourself headaches and get it done

Trenton Sauer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Up here it’s about 190 for a regular cab truck to get tinted. Bull *****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd probably still do it at that price honestly. That's a little bit on the high side but if they have a warranty I wouldn't feel too bad about it. I've never tried tinting myself but I've watched a few different people do it in person, there is an art to it. I always pay someone to do mine because I know I would mess it up for sure.

Trenton Sauer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd probably still do it at that price honestly. That's a little bit on the high side but if they have a warranty I wouldn't feel too bad about it. I've never tried tinting myself but I've watched a few different people do it in person, there is an art to it. I always pay someone to do mine because I know I would mess it up for sure.

Alright thank you

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
$190 is pretty high for a reg, i got my ext cab done for $160.
Most shops offer a lifetime warranty on their films but usually its just against discoloration if the film is a "color stable" film. Meaning it's not supposed to fade (hah)

I tinted a few vehicles, it's not hard, but it's also not for everyone.
You could always go to the parts house and get a few cheap rolls just to try it yourself because that stuff peels right off.
But don't leave it on there because it's terrible quality and will not last, it's also a lot harder to work with but at least you get the exposure.
I plan on ordering some "good stuff" and redoing my truck. These trucks are SUPER easy to tint.
But I wouldn't start testing your skills with expensive stuff because if you mess up you're just throwing money away. I'm a firm believer in learning new things and trying to do stuff for yourself but I wouldn't go all the way the first time, start slow. Even professionals started somewhere.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have any of you had any experience with a clear windshield tint made by Llumar? I think it’s an 80%, but is made to reduce the heat gain (UV or whatever it is) from outside.

Trenton Sauer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have any of you had any experience with a clear windshield tint made by Llumar? I think it’s an 80%, but is made to reduce the heat gain (UV or whatever it is) from outside.

No I have not. Probably something good to practice with tho i suppose