Shorty Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrfinchen1

Reaction score
Has anyone on here tried the summit racing shorty headers on their Tbi 350? I have a 1992 k1500 with stock manifolds and true duals with Flowmaster mufflers. I no longer have the stock Y pipe and was wondering if there was any fitment issues with them?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a set of Summit shorty's, on my 97 Vortec 5.7. Been on for several years. I've been happy with them from day 1.

ericg75

Reaction score
I think I'll be picking up a set of G9014 as I intend to remove the AIR pump. With regard to the lack of a high temp coating, should that be completely removed and then painted with a high temp paint or can it just be scuffed and painted?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With regard to the lack of a high temp coating, should that be completely removed and then painted with a high temp paint or can it just be scuffed and painted?
They say to remove the paint completely before painting it with high temp paint. Here in the desert, I just left them the way they were - no rust yet. We'll see now that I wrapped them with DEI 1800° "Lava Rock".

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what do you do with this part in red circle that all headers come with?

Attachments

• sum-g9014_w_xl.jpg
    sum-g9014_w_xl.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 32

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's for heat riser, the silver metallic convoluted tube, comes off manifold brings warm air into air cleaner has thermostatic valve on snorkel.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's for heat riser, the silver metallic convoluted tube, comes off manifold brings warm air into air cleaner has thermostatic valve on snorkel.

That it is! He can either hose clamp it to the header primary or tack weld it into place. I prefer tack welding it into place once it is in a suitable position.