Shorty headers for lowered 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since I've got my inner and outer fenders off I've decided to ditch the old truck manifolds and grab a full new exhaust. Who has run shorty headers with out fitment issues? And which brand? While I'm at it im ditching the cat. This is a 94 k1500 5.7

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by A.I.R?
Air Injection Reaction (or something like that) aka Smog Pump. It's supposed to help fire off the cat when cold. There's a port on each side for that A.I.R. pipe. This was required in CA and some other states. Federal requirements didn't call for that. Here's a picture of mine.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That thing looks clean! Good reply too
Thanks - as a side note, I have aluminum heads with slant plugs. The rear 2 plugs on both sides need heat shield sleeves. I melted the boots on the driver's side within a couple days and the passenger side were softened. I don't even think I could get ceramic boots on the plugs since the boots don't flex much. You could wrap the headers instead.

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you keep the pre heater tube that goes to the bottom of the intake when i replace my manifolds with these headers?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't, but I live in the south. If you're going to keep it you'll have to find a way to attach the heat shield to your header.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're going to keep it you'll have to find a way to attach the heat shield to your header.
The G9015 headers came with an adapter tube that mounts on top of the #2 tube IIRC, they have a CARB (California Air Resources Board) order so they're legal in all 50 states. I didn't use it since I removed the entire intake box and closed filter housing.