Short bed conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwyjibo

Reaction score
I bought this for $750 with the goal of making a fun street truck. I am building a turbo bbc, I'm going to put in a T56 magnum, I'm building a full heim joint 3-link rear suspension, and will use qa1 coilovers all around. I am swapping to 5x4.75 and want to run 315-35r20's all the way around.

You must be registered for see images attach

kwyjibo

Reaction score
I have shortened the frame, and have loose fit the bed. The picture shows current ride height.

Attachments

• IMG_3893.JPG
    IMG_3893.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3895.JPG
    IMG_3895.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 65

kwyjibo

Reaction score
I'm using chromoly heims, and am using thick wall chromoly tube for the links

kwyjibo

Reaction score
Axle-on-frame, lol. Is that permanent?
Not permanent. Had to figure out ride height, and it just happens to be very convenient that axle on frame is the perfect ride height. No its time to finish my 3 link, then I'll put some cross members in and measure for qa1 coilovers. I went the lazy way and ordered a c-notch kit instead of building my own.

kwyjibo

Reaction score
Looks familiar. I may have to cut that entire brace out. Once I get the c-notch kit tacked in place, I'll know if I can just clearance for the pumpkin, or if I have to take the whole brace off.

kwyjibo

Reaction score
I’m curious how you’ll like the shocks
I never thought much about qa1, supposed to be pretty decent if you listen to any of the magazines or tv shows. I'll let everyone know. I'm undecided bewteen single or double adjustables.