shocks- rancho bds or skyjacker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i need shocks this weekend. i want bilstiens but dont want to pay for them....someone wana steal me some 7100s? jk. i have narrowed down my choices to 3 really 2 because i have my eyes set on bds or skyjacker being they are pretty much the same shock and price. any suggestions? i know ranchos are better but why fork out the extra cheese for them over the others?

Reaction score
I had a set of skyjacker's a while back and had no complaints, I can't remember what model they were. I still would go with the bilstiens though, they are the best riding. IMO

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
I have Bilstiens right now. They used to ride awesome, but they are going out. I am thinking of getting the gas Edelbrocks. They are priced well and ride extremely smooth in cars and was told the ride was the same in trucks also.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i ended up going with the bds 5500 seris shocks. i have had them on the truck since sunday and they ride awesome! im sure the bilsteins would have been way better but these cost about as much as one of the 7100s so i cant complain, i still want to build that motor for my truck so id rather have these for now. i wasnt expecting much from them so i was pretty impressed by them. ill see how long they last!