Shock tower strut bay under the hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Someone on here has a link to a rear disc brake conversion kit for like $300, few people said they used it and it worked well. I'll see if I can find it.
Yeah I seen a guy on here that made a bracket for the rear that allowed you to attach a caliper he had pics on here. but it was a bit of backyard engineering. Not that there’s anything wrong with that just I’d like better braking and it’s tough to keep it cheap plus idk if you have to swap out any other major components of the rear end!? And a aftermarket brake systems are not cheap to buy. He’s set up might be the best cheapest way to rear discs?.

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I seen a guy on here that made a bracket for the rear that allowed you to attach a caliper he had pics on here. but it was a bit of backyard engineering. Not that there’s anything wrong with that just I’d like better braking and it’s tough to keep it cheap plus idk if you have to swap out any other major components of the rear end!? And a aftermarket brake systems are not cheap to buy. He’s set up might be the best cheapest way to rear discs?.
This is the site I've heard of a few times on here, it says they make kits for the 6-lug gmt400s with either the 10" or 11" drums. Seems easier to do this than custom everything, and doesn't necessarily break the bank either.
https://www.littleshopmfg.com/gm-88-00-k1500-rear-disc-brakes-6-lug-10-drum/

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strut tower braces were a great crutch for '80s cars with Macpherson struts and flimsy monocoque bodies designed on paper with no stress analysis.