**** box buggy p3 lowering 2/4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adam bickett

Reaction score
I'm looking at the hight of the truck and I hate it. The front is not so bad but the rear is horrid. I want to be able to haul but don't want the truck standing so tall. Is their a cheap option to drop it 2/4? And how do I go about it.

I'm also interested in purchasing a used kit if anyone has one

97 c1500 work truck

Thanks for the input
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

10mm Nut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A set of front coils and a shackle/hanger kit is about as cheap as it gets. DJM is usually the cheapest price on lowering parts. There's other ways to do it too if you want to part with more money.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took one full coil up front and shackles in the rear of my Tahoe. It sat low in the ass end already, so not sure how much drop it has. Pic is pre shackle in lowest hole

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
2/4. Still slightly stink-bug, & that always bothered me!
I used spindles instead of springs.
Spindles retain all the stock front-end geometry.
But I prefer the ride of a cut spring, though. Cutting the stockers increases their spring rate, which is something that helps with a shorter amount of suspension travel. Less dive when cornering & braking.
Aftermarket lowering springs mimic the factory grampa-recliner-chair soft ride.
That slightly stiffer ride with the cut springs may not be what you prefer, though.
I drove my '98 (4/7) for 12 years on cut springs with no issues.
General consensus is that 1 coil = 2" of drop. That was exactly what mine measured out to afterwards. Some other members have had slightly different results within 1/4" +/- either way.

That being said...I'll never do another 2/4.

adam bickett

Reaction score
I took one full coil up front and shackles in the rear of my Tahoe. It sat low in the ass end already, so not sure how much drop it has. Pic is pre shackle in lowest hole

How is the ride after doing it

adam bickett

Reaction score
2/4. Still slightly stink-bug, & that always bothered me!
I used spindles instead of springs.
Spindles retain all the stock front-end geometry.
But I prefer the ride of a cut spring, though. Cutting the stockers increases their spring rate, which is something that helps with a shorter amount of suspension travel. Less dive when cornering & braking.
Aftermarket lowering springs mimic the factory grampa-recliner-chair soft ride.
That slightly stiffer ride with the cut springs may not be what you prefer, though.
I drove my '98 (4/7) for 12 years on cut springs with no issues.
General consensus is that 1 coil = 2" of drop. That was exactly what mine measured out to afterwards. Some other members have had slightly different results within 1/4" +/- either way.

That being said...I'll never do another 2/4.

What was your dislike about the 2/4

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How is the ride after doing it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

It’s not horrible, dunno if firmed it up by cutting a coil. Biggest issue now is need to trim the rear bump stops, hit a good bump n bottoms out. But handles like it’s on rails tho. Eventually gonna get stock coils n go with spindles, got some goofy spacers on the front cause it changed the geometry of the arms n ribs the rims without the spacer.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
What was your dislike about the 2/4

Too much screwing around beyond what the kit was supposed to do.
For the amount of work, the 4/6 on my '98 was much easier, with less issues.
A 2/4 is just not low enough.
4/6 (Or a 4/7 to ride level.) not only looks 'right', but done right, it'll handle better while getting better mileage.
Honda Civics have less ground clearance than my '98.
That's not the issue though. The clearance probs are on the top side of the tire. ...and all that can be dealt with to reduce any (occasional) tire rubbing.