Shipping Suggestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
This I just my opinion please don't take offense.
My dad recently ordered a starter for His 2001 Silverado 5.3 and Rock auto was great but FedEx sucked they got the address wrong and said that it was delivered for over a week and it was nowhere in site and then after a ton of hassle over the phone with FedEx the finally said that the driver didn't know where the house was so he just left it on a random gravel road and they said it was unrecoverable. Then he called rock auto and the customer service was great and our starter arrived today. My Suggestion is that you dump FedEx because this isn't the first time that they have miss delivered a package for us and im sure that other people have had the same things happen to them with FedEx. Rock auto was awesome but FedEx... :thumbsdown:
Thanks, Thomas

RockAuto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thomas,

We are sorry to hear that FedEx was unable to correctly deliver your package the first time, but are happy to hear you were satisfied with RockAuto's service throughout the process. We very closely monitor problems with all of the carriers we work with. While we can't prevent every problem from happening, we work with each carrier to correct any recurring problems we see.

Thank you,

www.RockAuto.com

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you should take into account the time of year this is, the entire month of Dec is a huge PITA for any delivery company. You mentioned dirt road, but never specified whether or not you actually lived on one. I live on a dirt road in the boonies and let me tell ya, getting a package to my door was an excercise in futility. Every house within 5 miles has the exact same address, Rt. 3! Gotta love rural addresses! Once we had a few deliveries it was smooth, if the UPS driver ever quits I will have to start all over.

Now if I can just get them to stop leaving packages worth hundreds of dollars leaned against my front door..........

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
I have a problem with FedEx delivering packages to my place, but that is because my town is seperated by 3 counties and has only one zip code. To top it off, the address I live at is the same as another house down the road in another county, so everything is messed up. My fuel pump today arived at the wrong house. USPS and UPS gets it right, but that is because we use them daily and the drivers know to look at the names.

mattew

Reaction score
What would be great is if Rockauto would offer free shipping. Then it`ll be the best auto retailer online website on the internet.

Last edited:

RockAuto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello,

Shipping is never free. Carriers must be paid for their work. Actual shipping costs vary widely depending on what you buy and where you are. "Free shipping" means higher prices to cover the average shipping cost and using profits from some orders to offset losses on others.

We think it makes more sense to set prices low and show what it really costs to bring your order to you, passing on the cost and savings from decisions you make.

Thank You,
RockAuto.com