Shipping Choice Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a non-GMT400 vehicle and I'm pricing out refreshing the front brakes. I loaded the cart with parts for a '72 Cadillac Deville, and I looked for parts that are co-warehoused to save shipping.

If I put the following in my cart, it requires the pads to be shipped from a different warehouse, even though the website shows them all in the same warehouse.
Raybestos 5006R
Timken Set3
Timken Set5
Timken 8871
Raybestos EHT52
AC Delco 18J26
Raybestos WK524

If I add Centric 50000520, it suddenly allows shipping all the parts from the same warehouse, but if I delete either set of pads, it reverts back to separate shipping. What gives?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I have a non-GMT400 vehicle and I'm pricing out refreshing the front brakes. I loaded the cart with parts for a '72 Cadillac Deville, and I looked for parts that are co-warehoused to save shipping.

If I put the following in my cart, it requires the pads to be shipped from a different warehouse, even though the website shows them all in the same warehouse.
Raybestos 5006R
Timken Set3
Timken Set5
Timken 8871
Raybestos EHT52
AC Delco 18J26
Raybestos WK524

If I add Centric 50000520, it suddenly allows shipping all the parts from the same warehouse, but if I delete either set of pads, it reverts back to separate shipping. What gives?

I've had that kind of thing happen before too. Sometimes if you refresh the page, or wait a bit, it'll change back.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What vendor?
This is under the RockAuto thread, so...

They don't have an "Email us" link on their website, so I'm hoping the next time they update their discount code they see this.

Sometimes if you refresh the page, or wait a bit, it'll change back.
Yup, that didn't work.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found once while ordering brakes from them, it worked out cheaper to order pads separately, then each rotor separately. Shipping on everything was like $70 when I split it up that way it was 20 or 25. Also typically adding a small cheap item like an axle seal or something for $2 brings the shipping total down significantly. I always play around with shipping on RA. Unfortunately for my most recent purchase Amazon beat them out by quite a bit on prices and shipping was free.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Dear Erik,

We're sorry you're having a problem consolidating shipping. Based on the parts you are purchasing, it's possible that the total weight/dimensions (including Centric 50000520) causes the order to have to be split into two packages. Since there would be two packages anyway, we may send part of your order to one warehouse, and the other part to another warehouse. However, this does not change shipping cost than if it were two packages shipping from one warehouse.

Thank you,
Kristin
RockAuto Customer Service"

Fair enough.