Shifting too early

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patrick1997

Reaction score
So i have a problem with shifting earlier than stock at wot. I’m shifting around 5k rpms, i just got a tune from wait4me and i should be shifting at 5700 i was told by Jesse that this is on my end and he changed the shift points. Wondering what this could be?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i have a problem with shifting earlier than stock at wot. I’m shifting around 5k rpms, i just got a tune from wait4me and i should be shifting at 5700 i was told by Jesse that this is on my end and he changed the shift points. Wondering what this could be?

There is absolutely no reason you should be shifting a stock L31 at 5,700 rpm. 5,100-5,200 is about it but more than likely it will run best shifting about 5K. The cam is too small to make any power above 5K not to mention the weak tired valve springs will float as well. If it was shifting at stock shift points of 5,000-5,100 before the tune and shifting earlier now, it is 100% on his end.