shift interlock / cruise small plastic piece?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
1997 k1500 Burb.

I possibly have 2 issues. I replaced my vacum brake booster a few months ago. Immediately following the brake lights stopped working. I looked over the brake switch and couldn't find a problem, it's a simple switch, put it back together and hey I got brake lights! So I snapped the clip on only to find that I didnt have cruise and I could switch the gear shifter without touching the brakes.

I reluctantly bought a new brake switch and installed it, tested it, brake lights work... installed the clip and noticed that I could still shift the shifter without touching the brakes. Go for a test drive and no cruise! **** I knew the switch was fine.

Then I remembered finding this little plastic part and put it in the glove box. I assume this has something to do with the shift interlock linkage allowing me to switch gears without touching the brake? WhereTF does it go? LOL

And I suspect a wiring problem with the cruise wires at the plug or around it. It's not the easiest place to get to in order to remove the switch or plug and i probably damaged the wiring. Iv looked it over and cant visually see a problem.

I have 2 different problems dont I?

Thanks guys!

Al
You must be registered for see images attach