Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gerry Little

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm kind of new here so I'll do the best I can to explain my problem & hopefully someone will be able to pass me the knowledge I need to be able to fix this truck.

So heres the deal, I own a 99' Chevy K1500 4x4 and I keep having problems with my shifter breaking off of the dash. I've replaced the shift column mechanism (3 times) & the cable to it as well. Well the last time I replaced it this last time I noticed that the 3 screws that hold it in, one of the threads are broken off of the steering wheel column itself. Im assuming this part is cast iron, and I haven't been able to locate a replacement for it! Its gotten me so fed up, I'm almost ready to take the entire steering wheel column out. Haha.

I will be attaching a photo below so any advice, recommendations or solutions to the problem would be very appreciated!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: