Shift cable adjustment 97 4L60E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
I had my trans rebuilt and have it back in and everything buttoned up with the exception of the shift cable. It seems about a quarter inch too long now. It is adjusted all the way in at the end. I don't remember it being in a bind when I removed it. Am I missing something onvious? I could maybe force it, but that seems a bit extreme

Last edited:

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Try flipping the shifter arm around.
You are the man. This jarred my memory and I looked back at some pics I took when taking stuff apart. I installed the lever with the stud out. I'll check it out when I get home today. It's always the simple stuff

Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You are the man. This jarred my memory and I looked back at some pics I took when taking stuff apart. I installed the lever with the stud out. I'll check it out when I get home today. It's always the simple stuff
Glad to be of help. I just ran into this myself. Most go stud out.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Glad to be of help. I just ran into this myself. Most go stud out.
Your answer certainly had the smell of "been there, done that" on it. I had to facepalm when I read your answer. So simple. Yes, most go out. I'll flip it this afternoon and update.