Service 4wd light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A few weeks before I replaced my transfer case the light would show up every now and then, I thought that maybe after replacing my transfer case (which I was going to do anyway) it would stop coming on, but it doesn’t. It does go off after I turn off the truck. I have been paying attention to my driving habits to see if I can replicate the reason it comes on but nothing! Is there anyway to find out why it’s coming on without having to go to a dealer or expensive shop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

found that on YouTUBE. Might help you troubleshoot?

I had an 05 sierra that kept kicking the service 4wd light randomly. Turned out I needed to replace a ring inside the transfer case encoder motor. It wasn't a bad fix at all, just required breaking apart that motor and replacing a sensor "ring."

I would do some troubleshooting first before I fast forwarded to that though!

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

found that on YouTUBE. Might help you troubleshoot?

I had an 05 sierra that kept kicking the service 4wd light randomly. Turned out I needed to replace a ring inside the transfer case encoder motor. It wasn't a bad fix at all, just required breaking apart that motor and replacing a sensor "ring."

I would do some troubleshooting first before I fast forwarded to that though!

Ok cool thanks for the help I’ll check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk