Separating a two piece drives shaft K2500 ECLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
best of both worlds is u-joints with zircs on the bearing cups. there was a company named checker that had very strong (even custom sizes) u-joints made that way.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
best of both worlds is u-joints with zircs on the bearing cups. there was a company named checker that had very strong (even custom sizes) u-joints made that way.

Several companies make/market those. I'm not sure how well they would be balanced without balancing the entire shaft.... something I normally wouldn't bother doing for just a u-joint swap.

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
never saw a problem with balance. everything being uniform, nothing to throw balance off. but, at 10k rpm and ghetto slicks, you wouldnt feel it anyway. lol

CBenZ71

Reaction score
It seemed to be the rubber sealing cap sliding over the splines that was the culprit.

I'm going through this process currently. Did you end up have to take the rubber boot cap thing off, or did you just yank the two pieces apart. It's a SOB trying to seperate that thing.