Seat riser swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireball5657

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all, my 94 Sierra ECSS has the grey powered cloth buckets, but the passenger side is having some issues. My best guess is that someone who weighs upward of 400lbs sat in the passenger seat a lot and the seat rails are just ruined, the seat wobbles a lot and if no one sits in it, it sounds like its about to fall apart. Anyways, I have a complete grey cloth split bench with a manual drivers seat, the drivers seat riser is in great shape and everything works fine on it, and I was wondering if I could take the drivers split bench riser and put it under the passenger bucket seat. I'd imagine that everything would work, but I just want to be sure.

Edit: The split bench is also from a 94 extended cab. Will it be hard to get the easy access seat to work like stock? I use my back seats quite often and the drivers bucket seat is a ***** to move since the seat motor is very slow.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the risers will move right over if that is the problem. I expect you should pull the seat and have a good look to see what is wrong. If it is rattling it could be that the seat bolts are loose on the riser.

Be sure and report what it was. Also the bucket seat alternatives thread, should have some answers for you.