Seat Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finn

Reaction score
Hello so recently on my 1990 gmc I switched out my bench seat to the buckets seats with the center console. So I managed to screw everything in and it oooked good until my passenger seat is slanted to the left. I tried making it straight but when I do the bottom left side lefts up so the screws won’t go fully in. Does anyone know how I can fix this or if I needed a bracket for that side even though my driver seat sets perfectly straight.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're using screws to hold it in? Why on earth would you use screws?
Try using bolts instead, long ones, with washers. Oh, and washers UNDER the floor to spread out the load.
And use extra washers in between the seat frame and the floor to level the seat assy.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're using screws to hold it in? Why on earth would you use screws?
Try using bolts instead, long ones, with washers. Oh, and washers UNDER the floor to spread out the load.
And use extra washers in between the seat frame and the floor to level the seat assy.
I’m guessing he meant bolts. Hoping he did.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
The floor boards may be warped or even the seats/brackets.

You can just use longer bolts and spacers for the low side.

After you have shimmed the passenger side sit in it for a bit. Sit on the passenger side while you eat lunch as an example.
If it's not right you'll know after an hour.