Seat bottoms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I tried searching but nothin. Anyone swapped seat bottoms from a good passenger bottom to driver's side? I keep finding Escalades with destroyed drivers n mint passengers. Somethin I could tackle over a weekend or should be left to someone with more experience than just parts swappin?

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
The control area would be invisible, I know the area for the hinges are different lengths. Curious on this too, but I bet the don't work and they are only about 120 bucks on ebay new.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im not sure about the leather bottoms, but I know the cloth bottoms are glued to the foam (from GM). So removing the fabric isnt as simple as just opening up the hog rings and pulling off the cover. I wanted to have mine recovered by a pro, but nobody will touch it.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Your are right on the cloth, the guy that put my leather on took all it off, even though the covers were made to put over the cloth. The seat bottoms I mentioned on ebay are leather, I have yet to see a cloth replacement. It does look like a nasty job removing all the cloth, the guy that did mine was born in 1940, starting sewing in 1953, tough old man.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Well look what I found on eBay... Not bad deal. Once unemployment kicks in or I get called for work ill be one.

You must be registered for see images attach

th3 shifty

Reaction score
As far as I know, they don’t make passenger seat foam replacements. I just redid my tahoe seats, and I could only find driver side foam. I called “The Seat Shop” and they confirmed that, you have to modify the driver side seat foam
To use on the passenger side.

mariodave

Reaction score
The seat bottom frames are the same except for the hinge on the control side. This can easily be cut off and welded to the other side if you need a base frame. The foam is cut out for controls depending on driver or passenger. Control brackets bolt to the base. All holes are predrilled on both sides of all bases so it is not difficult to make a passenger seat base work on the driver side. The back may be more difficult, haven't tried it.