Scan tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, on the unit I posted they sent another one, it didn't work either. I went to dads 1997 like mine and it worked perfect. I guess I have a broken wire or something at the obd2 plug on my truck, go figure.

I know this sounds weird, but I own two cheapo Bluetooth OBD2 adapters, the blue ones. Bought around the same time, from the same seller. One of them works with both of my '97s, one of them has only ever worked with the Suburban. Just letting you know in case you don't find any wiring faults in your truck. These things can be super picky about what vehicles they'll connect to. The only adapter I've never has a connection issue with on any vehicle I've tried it on has been my PLX Kiwi, but that thing was around $100.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My unit doesn't want to connect to my ECU, works on my 2010 civic on my phone but refuses to work on the 1997 k1500 on the phone or tablet. I tried about 6 different apps and they all connect to the OBD2 reader but fail to connect to ECU. I guess it will get returned and maybe I'll try something else that actually works.

That’s the exact one that I have, works fine on two 98s.

Build quality must really vary with these things.

I had the same issue as you have with a Palmer Performance adapter...and it was $150 or so. Never could get it to connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk