scan tool advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Score! I paid that for my "8.2" software unit.

I'm curious if your software will do an automated ABS unit brake bleed on a '97 K2500. I'll get you the VIN digits later. My MTG2500 and 8.2 Solus Pro don't have that option, but I'm told it was included in later software.

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. If it's just the CMP retard you're looking for, there's a trick where you cut holes in a distributor cap and eyeball the shortest possible spark gap. You replace the distributor cap afterwards of course. More work, but less than the 350+ for a tech 2 clone or an old snap-on

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need a clear cap.
I asked. They said no. https://www.gmt400.com/threads/no-power-after-distributor-swap.52758/page-2

"Thank you for the inquiry. We do appreciate our customers sending us ideas for new products and getting feedback on current products. In the past, we have looked into the possibility of making these caps in clear. The high grade of raw material needed to make a superior strength compound does not allow it to be clear. We could use a cheap plastic type material that does not have the dielectric properties required for this cap, but putting out an inferior product is not our MO. Also because of the complexity of the cap and the construction of the tooling, air bubbles form in the material during the injection molding process. This would render the cap defective after a short time.

Thank you again for the inquiry and we do appreciate your support of United Motor Products."

zinprogress

Reaction score
Score! I paid that for my "8.2" software unit.

I'm curious if your software will do an automated ABS unit brake bleed on a '97 K2500. I'll get you the VIN digits later. My MTG2500 and 8.2 Solus Pro don't have that option, but I'm told it was included in later software.
get me a vin and ill check. i can also check on this truck, a 96 c2500 and get back to you