Say hello to dr. Pepper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Too bad l did new calipers and pads on the Burb last year. Brake hose clogged up and caught the ABS sensor on fire. Not fun! Replaced all that and also upper ball joints as they were floppy. What's the difference between police spec calipers and the standard ones? Thanks

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just used to rebuilding mopar muscle car calipers. Pistons and seals are inexpensive, but if these are only $32 each. Then I guess it's not worth trying to rebuild a set.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Too bad l did new calipers and pads on the Burb last year. Brake hose clogged up and caught the ABS sensor on fire. Not fun! Replaced all that and also upper ball joints as they were floppy. What's the difference between police spec calipers and the standard ones? Thanks
Yes enquiring minds want to know on the police package calipers. It's obvious the piston is bigger on yours compared to stock 1993 calipers. How much bigger is the question? Plus the sucky part is I already bought a couple seal kits to redo my original calipers. Wonder if the cop stuff is just a better grade of seals and pistons, or if it's a bigger bore. Where did you get the nice gold cad plated ones your installing for $32 each. They look like new pieces and not remanned parts.

Last edited:

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes enquiring minds want to know on the police package calipers. It's obvious the piston is bigger on yours compared to stock 1993 calipers. How much bigger is the question? Plus the sucky part is I already bought a couple seal kits to redo my original calipers. Wonder if the cop stuff is just a better grade of seals and pistons, or if it's a bigger bore. Where did you get the nice gold cad plated ones your installing for $32 each. They look like new pieces and not remanned parts.
They are from advance auto. They said they were bare but came coated. The police package caliper I beleive is the same one a 2500 uses and possible the surburbans

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool. I looked on advances website. Not sure what brand. Pix all show em in a grey finish. I will have to look into this as a further upgrade. Adding this info to my 1994 GMT400 parts swap notebook. Gotta redo the A/C first. Living in west Texas is like living in a roasting pan.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So. . . it looks like Tahoe limited brake pads might be the ticket to running a 2500 caliper on a 1500 rotor. Did you have to bend the clip so it would grab the caliper piston? That what I had to do with 1500 pads and 2500 calipers. If I use 2500 pads, the outer pad rubs the rotor hat.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So. . . it looks like Tahoe limited brake pads might be the ticket to running a 2500 caliper on a 1500 rotor. Did you have to bend the clip so it would grab the caliper piston? That what I had to do with 1500 pads and 2500 calipers. If I use 2500 pads, the outer pad rubs the rotor hat.
Those are some serious sized brake pads compared to my 94.

rojas84

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like I'm painting the truck. It came out great. Only one run on the hood. Color looks great can't wait to see it in the sun

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach
What color is that ?? Trucks looking good

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk