Say hello to dr. Pepper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally found a untouch single cab short bed. Its alittle rough but has a clean body, no rust, original paint , interior, and powertrain with only 166k. Here she is. So far I have removed the bed liner,wheel well moldings,and mud flaps.changed oil, removed rusted muffler, new plugs, new gas and adjusted timing.also pressure was all under side and engine bay. I have all new ac system and carpet coming to start. This isnt going to be as large of a build as the dually but it will be nice one day.

You must be registered for see images attach

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Finally found a untouch single cab short bed. Its alittle rough but has a clean body, no rust, original paint , interior, and powertrain with only 166k. Here she is. So far I have removed the bed liner,wheel well moldings,and mud flaps.changed oil, removed rusted muffler, new plugs, new gas and adjusted timing.also pressure was all under side and engine bay. I have all new ac system and carpet coming to start. This isnt going to be as large of a build as the dually but it will be nice one day.

So this isnt going to be as extreme as the dually? If not, what will this end up looking like?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
For this to be less extreme than the dually, it would still exceed most builds.

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So this isnt going to be as extreme as the dually? If not, what will this end up looking like?
Clean it up some. New interior. Engine is almost done. New dist., intake gaskets and cleaned everything and painted. Going to do a 4/6 drop and some paint ,spray bed liner, paint the frame and be done. Still deciding if I want 20s, 17 sawblades or some wide 15s. If the truck doez be good for a while ill drop a new gm crate 350 with a mild cam and a fitech ero.

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well after replacing a bunch of parts and making the 350 look nice it still had a miss and was still pinging. Did a compression check and foumd cylinder 3 and 5 with low compressor. Apparently it common for the head gasket to go bad between them. So time for a 4.8 swap. Got a decent deal on the complete motor. After some pressure washing its looking good.going to open it up and inspect and install new gaskets. Also finished replacing the one cab corner.

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the bed pulled off and pressure washed the rear section. Waiting for the flip kit to come in to install and then paint the whole rear.motor is down to the long block and will start assembly as soon as the cam gets in.