SAWLTY 1994 Suburban K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sawlty

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
New member. Just purchased my 1994 Suburban K2500! Camped on the beach last weekend in it. Learned a lot. Looking forward to some projects. Most importantly getting the AC system repaired and dialed in.

SAWLTY
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
New member. Just purchased my 1994 Suburban K2500! Camped on the beach last weekend in it. Learned a lot. Looking forward to some projects. Most importantly getting the AC system repaired and dialed in.

SAWLTY
Welcome to the forum,from Houston, Texas. I like to see everybody's Burbs on here,and they do make good campers. I've slept in mine a few times at swap meets,when the show wasn't good enough to get a motel room.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

SAWLTY
Right after my first child was born, we were on a camping trip and realized we forgot the tent (guess who, yep, dad screwed that one up :)) Anyways, solution? We slept in the back of the burb, it was perfect!

Welcome-

Sawlty

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome from Ft Worth from another K2500 Burb owner. They are awesome.
Done any AC work to yours? Mine isn’t cooling. I suspect that the culprit is the rear expansion valve. I broke the system open a couple weeks ago and replaced orifice tube and dryer. Found metal flakes at the orifice tube. It was nasty. Recharged no worky. Next step is going to be to replace the rear expansion valve, flush the system front to back, replace dryer and front orifice and recharge. Not looking forward to it, but I’m going to learn a lot while I’m at it!!