Saw the news heard about street take overs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I woke up this morning watching the news slipping my coffee. Heard about crazy stuff going downtown. They call street takeovers. Now from hearing all of this. I feel like it is putting a huge black eye on the hobby.
Ignorance
Driving on public thoroughfares in manner that ideally should be on a closed course. Maybe it is my over 30 way of thinking being almost an old fart.
Don't get me wrong I love drifting, Drag Racing and performance.
But ideally there should be a time and place for it.

I know arguments for it would be like Hey people've been doing it since the dawn of the automobile ect ect...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People been doing this for decades, it's nothing new. Used to be called "sideshows" back in the day in Oakland CA.
Social media has spread the phenomenon, and now everyone wants to show their town is the "wildest", which is also not a new phenomenon.
Stupid? Maybe. Dangerous? Absolutely. Some people will die, it'll draw police attention, all the talking heads will decry it as being responsible for the downfall of society, etc...
Then those clowns will find something else to do and society will move on.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
People been doing this for decades, it's nothing new. Used to be called "sideshows" back in the day in Oakland CA.
Social media has spread the phenomenon, and now everyone wants to show their town is the "wildest", which is also not a new phenomenon.
Stupid? Maybe. Dangerous? Absolutely. Some people will die, it'll draw police attention, all the talking heads will decry it as being responsible for the downfall of society, etc...
Then those clowns will find something else to do and society will move on.
Agree
I hope society would move on.
As i said old as the automobile itself.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I feel like this is an endless cycle;
People race and rally **** in the streets, so people get mad and demand they go somewhere else.
--->
SO, they build and open a track or course somewhere and it's successful. Crowds and tons of events
--->
Then people complain about the noise, traffic, whatever mild inconvenience can be found and said track gets shut down.
--->
People race and rally in the streets.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yup!
One of the reasons the Lone Star Roundup show in Austin, Texas has been successful, and lasted for over 20 years, is that the organizers stress continually the importance of not doing stupid stuff like burnouts, street racing and stunts while coming in and out of the venues, and particularly during the cruise nights on Friday and Saturday after the show,on South Congress Street. This is why we have permission from the city and police agencies for this event....