SAS front driveshaft solutions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

williscr3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. If I have it on the side it binds up on then it doesn't reach the axle. Im wondering if I can swap out the yoke for k5 flange style and then get custom length cv style driveshaft. I pulled it apart and its 32 spline yoke. Supposedly the np208 that was in a k5 is 32 spline. I ordered one to try it.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You sure you have a hi pinion? I ran the stock driveshaft on my truck and didn't bind. I don't even think I clearanced it. But if you get a flange, not sure anymore what need to be done, but you can get a driveshaft off a Superduty, say 2002, they use a 1350 CV and 1350 at the axle end. High Angle Driveline sells the flange. Havta search to see what needs to be done.

williscr3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah its for sure a high pinion. I'll see what happens when this flange comes in. If it fits ill just call one of those custom driveshaft places. I'll investigate the f250 driveshaft. I can probably grab one from junkyard on the way home one day this week. Thanks for the help though. I'm headed in a good direction now I think.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i tried to find some pics of my old truck that I SAS, and I guess I need to look at the negatives cause don't have em on disc or actual photo. But I'm pretty sure I used a joint like you did n didn't have any binding issues. I have a pic on my phone, its a pic off n old computer lol so not the best.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Top one is with 40” boggers bout 12” lift, next ones are all same height just different tires. 38s, 36s, n 35s, bout 6-7” of lift. Had a GM 60 in it with a dodge divorced 205. Still trying to find the pics of the high pinion 60 n Ford 205

You must be registered for see images attach

AirMdwn

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what I got going on. I can't remember the specifications on this set up exactly but basically it's a longer output yolk with a CV joint on the shaft side. The stock output yolk was having the same issue you are having.

williscr3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! thanks for the pics, b454rat truck looks good!
so still working on this. everything is pretty much done. truck is drivable at this point. so for the driveshaft situation, i ordered an np208 yoke. problem is, its splined all the way through yoke and original was splined 90% of the way through so it has in and out play because its not sliding in all the way. not sure if this is going to work? ordered a driveshaft for 88 suburban which is a cv style, it fits nicely but need ujoint for front axle side.

AirMdwn did you change the yoke out? im still using np241c. wonder if i could use a similar yoke with my suburban driveshaft.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is what I did on my stepside.
I had the np243.
I quoted from my build thread.
It was a double cv shaft I had built.

I've been getting asked for what I did for a front driveshaft with a np243 transfer case. I had a local shop build the shaft and we found a 32 spline yoke that didn't require any machine work to get it to fit.
I used a neapco n2-4-jk03. its 32 spline and already counter bored to fit the splines and a 1310 cv joint.
aaronstruck007-jpg.145747

truckpics010-jpg.145748

truckpics008-jpg.145749

truckpics009-jpg.145750

Last edited:

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the truck.
Around 11" of lift.

williscr3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive found that same yoke on ebay and looks same as what i need. not splined all the way through, but would need to change my driveshaft from the circle style flange to that style on my cv if i can find something to change it, i would. very nice looking truck by the way. debating on taking this yoke back off and taking it to work. thinking maybe i can cut the splines back about 1/4" on the cnc so it fits in all the way.

ill check your build thread for more pics.