SAS front driveshaft solutions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

williscr3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
aaronb going through your build thread, truck is pretty nice. curious why you did a track bar? did you drive it without it at all? was it apart of the preplan? just curious because i originally did not plan on running one. had a 95 wrangler that had one. it road so stiff it was like a gokart. everyone said remove the track bar it feels better you dont need it with leaf springs the springs keep it centered. it made a huge difference. didnt handle any different but wasnt so stiff feeling. this was a stock jeep. no lift yet at all. so doin this build i did not plan on putting one on my truck. driving my truck now im kind of double thinking this. steering feels loose almost. if anyone else has input on track bar im curious as to theyre thoughts on this. thanks

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, with the amount of lift it had. It was recommended to run one, to help keep the axle centered and from the possibility of the leaf springs from tilting inward or outward.
I tried it without it and seemed to have more body roll.
With the amount of you lift you have you should be fine without one.

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The driveshaft doesn't know if its a ford, chevy or chrysler. Measure it and start looking. As far as hybrid joints i have a 369/534g in blazer and never broke one

You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also talking about angles. Front shaft will see much more angle than rear, thats where they go boom. Look for the Superdooty front shaft....

williscr3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
still cant get this worked out. ended up getting a np205 or 208 front output yoke and a front driveshaft for 88 suburban. the yoke slipped on felt good had some in and out play, but didnt go all the way on. original yoke wasnt splined all the way through. about 1/4 was shaved down splines. so i decided to mill down the same amount on the new yoke. it slides all the way on now. install driveshaft and everything fits perfect. EXCEPT.... now the yoke has up and down play and slight in and out play. also now the yoke is leaking fluid where the nut is. i pulled the yoke back off. i think the sloppyness is in the splines of yoke. the transfercase has no play at all.

williscr3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
im an idiot... i didnt tighten the yoke down all the way. was probably 90% on. its tight with no play at all now. tested it out again and its works perfectly.