Sas 2wd 2500 quad cab short bed 99 obs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wobby1987

Reaction score
I am wanting to do a sas on my 99 2wd 2500 one .. I have seen talk about using a Ford super duty coil spring front axle and using the factory coil pockets on a 2wd c2500 frame . Has anyone done this and how ? What all did it consist of .. thanks .. any info helps

Attachments

• 23ACF0D6-B4C0-4A9E-AC68-7D04B4A5F6AB.jpeg
    23ACF0D6-B4C0-4A9E-AC68-7D04B4A5F6AB.jpeg
    384.2 KB · Views: 10

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Subbed for curiosity. But make sure whatever Tcase you use drops on the same side as the axle. You'll probably need some kind of adapter for the Tcase, a crossmemeber for it, and links for the axle. You may have to reinforce the frame where the links attach. I have seen when you go from Tbars to coilovers there's a reinforcement plate you weld in where the coil springs mount, but idk since you would be using the factory coil mounts.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No “factory” axle w/coils line up with the GM pockets. It’s all custom. Be easier to find a 4wd frame n SAS that.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do not get Offroad limited. They are overpriced and zero adjustability. Getting brackets is the easy part, it's the other BS on the 2wd frame that you have to deal with. In less going with a crazy huge, 10+lift, need to cut the crossmember out and fab one up. And it's not just for the suspension, it's also the engine crossmember.

AirMdwn

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't done a coil swap, but you have a few options here.
You are gonna need a adapter and transfer case with the electronics/linkage. Can get them from a junkyard or new. Whatever you're comfortable with.
New drive shafts.
Exhaust modification.
I think engine cross member clearance. Not 100% sure.
If you're going with a 05+ superduty axles, WFO makes a trans cross member with link brackets built in. They will be your best friends for parts and advice.
Clean up axles and run coilovers with shock hoops. That's what I would do.
You can use coils and buckets. Might need a little mixing and matching. Not much experience with this.
It's a bit of work and money but worth it.