SAS 1995 K1500 Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JReed66

Reaction score
The shop that installed my transfer case doesn't know what speed sensor to get for my 1995 k1500 with a GM Corp 10 bolt in the front and a np208 transfer case. Truck won't shift out of first gear because its going from an electronic transfer case to a mechanical transfer case. Any links to the right speed sensor or any help would be appreciated.
(1995 Chevy K1500 with 4l60e and a np208 transfer case)
I've looked at Dakota Digital and the sensor I found wont work
(Dakota Digital SEN-01-128) wont work because it has to thread into the t case

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't find one around where I am and the truck is in California and I moved out to Idaho
Hilltop auto salvage in chugiak Alaska has one as of last summer when I was there. Not sure if they’ll ship it but if you know anyone up there it might be an option

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
So this very reason is why I went with the 241 swap on my SAS . mines a 98 so I was lucky all I had to do was re wire the VSS out of the 241 and trace the Speed sensor wire back to the TCCM and wire in a switch to allow the truck to shift while in LO range. yours however id have to see a schematic on. Im not sure how your truck is wired with the ECM to control shift points with the Trans. I had a bunch of help from Transfer case Express .com when I did mine . I talked to one of the techs and he was able to get me going in the right direction. All I did was some trial and error.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I looked at similar combo to the one you listed. The only issue I was worried about was the note.
Frank Have you run this? Seems like a legit product.
Note “This has an internal antenna, so the module must be mounted so it has a clear view of the sky.”

JReed what is your take on that?