Sanden 4440 install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had not considered the cycling switch because I put a new one in when I did the entire job but it sounds like I should be using the one you're recommending anyway.
I was thinking more like it might be a low refrigerant situation. When I was charging it for the first time, I received conflicting amounts needed for my Tahoe and in the end I was just guessing so I don't even remember how much I put in there to be honest and it never really cooled great. First timer here of course.

I was even thinking of evacuating and vacuuming it and recharging it from scratch. Do you know the correct amount of refrigerant needed for the 99 Tahoe with rear air?
I will go ahead and order that switch though, I like the fact that you can adjust it. Thanks.
64oz is what my 99 calls for. I charge by pressures and temperature so really never pay much attention to the actual amount. I charge until the front evaporator inlet and the accumulator are roughly the same temperature.