Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All four corners got the power stop treatment. Fresh backing plates, caliper brackets, parking brake assemblies, hub seals, rotors, calipers and pads. I’m collecting oe replacement brake lines and parking brake cables for the rear axle, and measuring for custom front brake lines.

You must be registered for see images attach

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All four corners got the power stop treatment. Fresh backing plates, caliper brackets, parking brake assemblies, hub seals, rotors, calipers and pads. I’m collecting oe replacement brake lines and parking brake cables for the rear axle, and measuring for custom front brake lines.

Very nice work! Are you going to have to modify any of the parking brake cables? Will everything from the GMT800 axle work just fine, except for the difference in spring bad location? I've been saying this axle is the best swap for the guys that want to gain rear discs, but I admittedly don't know what all is involved in the swap.

I do currently have a 10.5" 4.10/G80 with discs that I bought and may think about swapping into my K3500.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice work! Are you going to have to modify any of the parking brake cables? Will everything from the GMT800 axle work just fine, except for the difference in spring bad location? I've been saying this axle is the best swap for the guys that want to gain rear discs, but I admittedly don't know what all is involved in the swap.

I do currently have a 10.5" 4.10/G80 with discs that I bought and may think about swapping into my K3500.

Still gathering the parts for that. The front half will be the gmt400 platform, and the rear axle will have its original gmt800 parts. Once I have the parts in hand I'll figure out how to adapter the adjuster to the front cable.

I expect at the end of this project to put together detailed posts on each major component of this swap.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much progress on the Cummins swap during the cold weather but I’ve been collecting parts and will hit the ground running come spring.

In other news, I picked up a Dually. It was too good not too. ‘95 c3500 7.4” 154k miles

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I decided to swap in a gmt800 2005 chevy 11.5" 14bolt out of duramax. The benfits for me were: I got to keep the same 8x6.5" lug pattern, get a heavier duty full float axle, gain disc brakes, and a factory parking brake, I got the gear ratio I wanted, 3.73, already on the axle, it had a factory limited slip in it.

The axle was $100, I had to cut off the perches and weld on fresh ones, $30 from RuffStuff. My old axle needed a brake refresh so I figure that cost was not part of the conversion. I will need to figure out the proper ujoin conversion once I get a driveshaft made and will fumble around with getting the parking brake cables to adapt to the older gmt400 pedal.

Having done this, the main reason for me was for disk brakes. I would not spend the multi hundred dollars for a disk brake conversion on the older axle when you can swap in a newer axle for less.