Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes unknown history stock appearing 4l80e. We’ll see how long it lasts… The Cummins I have is a 215hp/440tq configuration from a 97 mans trans dodge pickup.
That's a rear-lube '97-early '99 model it looks like. I has the 34 element sprag (considered the best sprag of that tranmission) in the direct drum and within the torque rating that GM rated them for, so you should be good.

You got that long extension connector for the rear cooler line, right?

Last edited:

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes long lube tube for the port ad standard length for the front. I got AN conversion fittings and will run an external derale cooler and fan to keep it in check

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The big parts are finally coming together.
‘97 GMC k2500 ECLB frame
‘97 GMC cab with fresh doors all around
‘97 F350 Dana 60 front axle
‘97 Cummins 6bt 12v
‘97 4l80e trans and np241 tcase
‘02 GM AAM 11.5 rear axle

You must be registered for see images attach

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cab interior is beginning to look like something

I ran some fuel lines and began research on using a gmt800 hydroboost system with the dodge pump and gmt400 steer gear. Ordered up the appropriate Fragola AN conversion fitings and -6 AN fittings and hose. More to come on that later

I pulled out the fenders, fender liners, and core support from storage. I wish they were in better shape, still looking around to see what I can source

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Working on the engine harness these past two nights. I am removing every unessecary gmt400 engine circuit, only keeping creature comforts and basic sensors.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have removed all of the obvious items from the engine harness. I only cut one incorrect wire so far, just a ground for the AC switch, not bad!

I picked up a set of fresh fender wells and mounted the fuse box, ecu, and wire harness to see how things are looking.

Here is the first engine bay picture!

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you @BlastingBat998! I know the 88-89 sealed beams are not great performance wise but I've always liked the look of them, especially on the older square boy trucks. Over the years have picked up a coupole of 88-89 quad sealed beams sets from the local junkyard in anticipation of using them and having the spare parts to maintain them.

We'll see how it works out once its on the road