Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
That was a super buy on that axle. When I've seen them up for auction or forsale they're a LOT more expensive than that. I think I did see one go cheap more recently, but it was in pretty rough shape if I recall correctly.

Is it a G80 and which gear ratio?

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How far off are the pads?
The 99+ perch is 49” while our 88-98 perch width, for the single rear wheel standard frame shows closer to 47”. I’m going to have to move each perch at least 1” towards the pumpkin

I have not ripped it apart yet, mostly because with the price I didn’t really care, it’s supposedly a gt4 g80, so a locker with 3.73 gears. Problem is my dana60 is a 4.10 gear front. I’ll need to decide my path here and will know more once I get some time set aside for it.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am still working towards getting the inner rocker backing plates looking nice and i'll post another picture soon of that progress.

I have been on the lookout for a 6bt cummins to add to this project, its always been the unspoken goal of the project. There is a low mileage p-pump with some work already done to it that I've been eyeing but the individual hasnt been very responsive. Maybe that'll be the next update :)

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have put together two front inner backing plates to reach the length of the cab and retain the proper bottom flange for the rocker panels. I’m still learning how to control heat and feed speed on the mig but it’s been fun so far

You must be registered for see images attach

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before I cut out the rotten rocker I made a template that bolted to the front seat mount. It’s great to see that I kept the dimensions within a few millimeters after such extensive removal of the original metal

Then I started to put together the front and rear outer rocker panel. The plan is to pull off the outer rocker, coat the entire inner section in epoxy and then reassemble and plug weld

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Progress!!!! Always makes it seem worthwhile getting an axle under the front!!!!! I went to bolt my brackets on for my SAS, had to open a couple holes, and, stupid battery dies in the drill. I need to get an 'ol fashion ELECTRIC drill lol. Biggest pain I'm gonna have is getting it to an exhaust shop to get the pass side pipe rerouted. And getting grease into the new wheel bearings, makes a friggin mess. But other than brake stuff I think I have what i need....

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been working on the driver side...

I cut the rocker off, then the inner rocker, followed up by the outer floor, then realized I need to do the inner floor as well. Got carried away with the grinder

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then I started to put it all back together. There is a lot to tune up on this, it’s no where near finished but on its way

some 16g from the local hardware filled in the floor pan well, and the outer floor patch panel with backing panel fit well