Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
40 grit flap discs did a really good job at taking the bulk of the metal off one more session to smooth it out and it’ll be ready for rust treatment and paint on both sides

You must be registered for see images attach

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spent a good amount of time drilling holes this past weekend. The ORD sas brackets are measured and ready to be bolted on.

I have respect for any of you guys doing this with a cab on the frame, on your back, probably in the dark while getting metal shavings all over you.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got my front shackles, front leaf springs, bushings, and bolts lined up ready to go in buuuut I want to first tackle the inside of the boxed section. I'm going to follow a great idea posted by Matt's Garage on YouTube. Then use a few cans of Eastwood Internal Frame coating to cover everything up. I need some warmer weather for the painting to take place

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After all of that cutting and grinding I decided to use ospho this time around to seal up the pitted surface before the primer. Anyone have any experience with it?

I am so happy that the grinding is over with, ospho, rustoleum primer drying before top coat with rustoleum semi gloss black

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did some more work mock up of the front =ORD leaf spring hangers, shackles, bushings, and bolts. I ended up having to drill out the rear shackle hangers from 1/2 to 19/32 to accept the 9/16th grease-able ORB bolts to match the bushings and sleeves.

I created the pvc pipe, drill powered, chain weed whacker for the inside of boxes frame rails, it worked surprisingly well. I cleaned it all out with air, purple power, then sprayed as much Ospho as I could inside. I have four cans of Eastwood internal frame coating to spray once the weather warms up another notch

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The chain metal weed wacker from Matt’s Garage on YouTube worked very well to loosen up all the scale and general dirt in the boxed section of the frame.

I then used Eastwood’s Internal Frame coating to juice all the nook and crannies. This stuff runs like water and gets everywhere, if I didn’t use every factory hole to stick the hose into I would have taped them up. I’ll be doing a second green coat then two coats of black to finish off the boxed section

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm really diggin the attention to details and extra steps taken. Right on! Keep at it
Thank you!!!

I’m getting ahead of myself here but I got the cab a few inches higher in the air and started wiping things down. I will need the usual rocker, cab corner, and outer backing plate repair panels in the near future