Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Let's pickup where I left off in this thread...

A few months back in April I pulled the doner cab off the frame and build a quick dolly to get it into the Barn, also found a 14Bolt SF(Which I wont end up using). I have not made much progress on the cab yet, thats going to be a winter project, i hope.
You must be registered for see images attach

I sourced a handful of the OEM cross members, cut out the rotted ones that are in my frame, and used some fresh hardware to bolt it all back in place.

Got together my front and rear leaf springs and started cleaning those up.. cleaned up, neutralized,
primed and painted

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the process of cleaning up the cross members and leaf springs I found a receiver for free. A few parts looking fresh. I hope they hold up

The front leaf springs as well... Little guys, 47"s

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then I started a bit on the frame, it had been sitting in primer for a little while and it was time to get it all covered up. I also started, but fell of the wagon on getting the IFS stuff cut off. I'll leave the IFS pictures for when its all cleaned up and the node of the frame is fresh

I put in place a few cross members and started putting the rear end together a bit, zipties first!

And now its time for the ORD Shackle flip!

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I diverted some effort and money to non truck things and decided it was time to get rid of the ancient driveway on the property, In came the equipment and out went the old asphalt. You can see the frame by the right side of the barn

And after that it was time for a new work bench so I can have a good amount of space to work on the next phases of this build

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Being from the East Coast we see a lot of rust... I have been on the lookout for a 14Bolt FF but nothing caught my eye with a good price attached to it. I have a friend on a trip to the west coast whose going to be bringing back a nbs 11.5" 14Bolt FF axle. Waiting to hear back on his findings

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Glad to see this build thread come back. Keep up the awesome work!

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great thread- providing inspiration to when I move and get the space for yard art :) I have a 96 k2500 and it will get solid axle swapped.

I am inbetween links/ coilovers front and rear or sticking to leafs... much dinero with first option but its so ice seeing your frame bare... Artec, etc have 4 link kits and trusses to make lining it up pretty simple.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going to the west coast just to get an axle?? Come to NYS, junkyards are full of axles. Just no 60s....

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A 9" carbide sawzall blade made quick work of both sides of IFS brackets. After I took the picture, I spent an hour with a grinding disk, next up is the flap disc to smooth it out and get rid of the surrounding cancer.

Let's see how much progress I can make this year