Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I sourced two cross-members from California. Rear spare tire carrier and the rear fuel tank support

Cleaning them up, grinding them down to fresh steel with some 80 grit did the trick
You must be registered for see images attach

Then went through the POR15 clear, metal prep, then cleaner before being coated in POR15

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The k2500 frame has been moved in front of the barn. It's time to pull the motor/trans/transfercase and get rid of all that independent front suspension. The donor cab is hiding under that tarp to the left

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It might not look like much but the motor, trans, transfer case have been pulled. The torsion bars are unloaded and nearly every bolt for the IFS is loose.

The next time it’ll be under its own weight it’ll have a Dana 60 under the front, shackle flip on the rear, and a bunch of fresh paint!

The race is on before the cold weather comes through New England !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've started with the frame! Wire cup on an angle grinder and some 80 grit paper for tough areas. I used simple green to clean it up, POR15 metal prep for 45 minutes followed by water to clean up.

The angle grinder did not fit well on the inside of the C so I took decided to do the outside lengths from rear to front cab mount.

I have a media blaster from HF that I need to setup and test on the inside and hard to get corners. Any other suggestions? Maybe roloc grinding wheels or something

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I made a dolly out of 2x6 and 4x4 pine. With a little organizing of the barn I should have plenty of room to complete the cab's much needed body work!

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today is a pivotal moment for me. The frame is floating on jack stands. I pulled the 14bolt out from under it and cut out the shackle hangars. Still got some painting to do on the frame but now I can get to it all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk