Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Working on the driver side, cutting and grinding the inner and outer rocker patches to fit. The outer rocker will need some metal bumping to get it to fit the four 90* body lines in the door frame, probably add in a pie slice in a couple of spots.

You must be registered for see images attach

beedub

Reaction score
Wow, cool project! Stuff like this has me thinking of a SAS one day on my 2 door Tahoe. I'm currently rebuilding the stock front end to make it safe to drive, but it's a total runner project with a gutted interior.

I've just spent a couple days reading your thread here and there and one post about cab insulation caught my attention. I'd urge you to take a look at Lizard Skin Heat and Sound (not affiliated). There are a bunch of youtube videos on it. It's a spray or roll on like Raptor and seems to have good reviews. I like the ruggedness of it and the spray on aspect. I have experience with Dynamat Xtreme as I've lined the entire interior of my Volkswagen with it and I'd never do that to another automobile in my life. It does deaden the panel sound, but it is difficult to work with and it'd be a nasty mess if you ever wanted to remove it. It did not make my VW sound like a Mercedes inside like I'd dreamed of as I sweat and literally bled over the weeks it took me to do it all. I'd need to add a bunch of mass loaded vinyl I think.

Anyway good job so far and good luck moving forward!

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Received a new 34 gallon fuel tank and tank straps, proceeded to prep and paint it since I had the chance before install. Afterwards I installed the Bean Machine diesel fuel sump.

I am using -6 push-lok hose from Fragola for both feed and return to the Cummins, I will use the same hose for my transmission cooler in order to keep maintenance easy.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I used the same -6AN Fragola pushlok hose for my feed and return on my truck. It works very well, I actually used some oetiker clamps on my setup as extra security to prevent blowing out a line.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd urge you to take a look at Lizard Skin Heat and Sound (not affiliated). There are a bunch of youtube videos on it. It's a spray or roll on like Raptor and seems to have good reviews. I like the ruggedness of it and the spray on aspect. I have experience with Dynamat Xtreme as I've lined the entire interior of my Volkswagen with it and I'd never do that to another automobile in my life. It does deaden the panel sound, but it is difficult to work with and it'd be a nasty mess if you ever wanted to remove it. It did not make my VW sound like a Mercedes inside like I'd dreamed of as I sweat and literally bled over the weeks it took me to do it all. I'd need to add a bunch of mass loaded vinyl I think.
Thank you for the advice, I'll read into it. I've seen similiar spray on products used by a few projects on instagram but no one ever seems to 'follow up' afterwords or even do a before/after comparison in detail.

I used the same -6AN Fragola pushlok hose for my feed and return on my truck. It works very well, I actually used some oetiker clamps on my setup as extra security to prevent blowing out a line.
I've been browsing through Fragola's catalog just to understand the different types of products available on the market, I never knew much of this world before. I'll absolutely follow your lead and use some oetiker clamps. The line pressure should never get above 20psi but as you said, extra security and it buttons things up nicely.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I've been browsing through Fragola's catalog just to understand the different types of products available on the market, I never knew much of this world before. I'll absolutely follow your lead and use some oetiker clamps. The line pressure should never get above 20psi but as you said, extra security and it buttons things up nicely.
Yeah you have to have a special pair of crimpers but I found out that PEX tubing crimpers are identical to Oetiker clamp pliers and can be had at menards or any hardware store cheap. My fuel line pressure is at 58psi as I have a vortec pump and will be LS swapping my truck lol.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cummins has been bolted into its new home and the fuel tank is hung.

Attachments

• 7F8E64AC-6184-4319-8163-2A38B8C2A290.jpeg
    7F8E64AC-6184-4319-8163-2A38B8C2A290.jpeg
    715.1 KB · Views: 6

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Big weekend getting some more major parts bolted on.
Cummins 6th on Adventure Vehicles NW motor mounts with 1st gen isolators. 4l80e got a new filter and case adapter. All bolted up using summit racings Cummins to gm adapter and a TCI low stall hd torque converter

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! Is that 4L80e all stock? I had seen those adapters for the Cummins, just hadn't actually seen one in action. How much TQ does that engine put out? Sorry don't know anything about diesels.

Great job! What's next?