Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I temporarily welded the Ruffstuff perches o to the AAM11.5” 14bolt for gmt400 dimensions. Just about 4-3/8” inward from the outer axle flange on each side.

This marks the first time it’s on four wheels in a little over 3 years. Decided it was time to hook it up my k1500, drag it out, and position it in front of the barn bay to start really working on this thing.

You must be registered for see images attach

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These are square body 47”, cheapest I could find at the time. Superlift +2”. Once the project is all together and the bugs are worked out I plan on calling ORD up for a custom set.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Strikk- did you ever consider a link kit like the one from WFO? If not, I know with the right leaf packs the flex on the SAS set up with leaf springs is quite impressive. I am already regretting my jump into the IFS lift world with my RC seeing how clean and simple the SAS kit is!

https://www.wfoconcepts.com/pr/Chevy-88-98-OBS-Builder-3-Piece-Cross-member/9463/20142

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Strikk- did you ever consider a link kit like the one from WFO?

Yeah, absolutely. When I saw the release of that crossmember from WFO a few months back I instantly wanted it but I figured I was already far enough down this project with the old school d60, heavy cummins, etc that i'd keep on down by current path.

Buuut my next project should totally be a super duty 60 with that link kit. Maybe a 5.3l swap

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had the Cummins running but it wasn't as smooth as I would have hoped for. Educating myself on general tune up and engine timing I found some issues. Also took care of the internet famous killer dowel pin.

The TDC timing pin lost its nipple at some point in the past. Luckily I found it right where it broke off.... in the cam gear haha. retrieved that piece of plastic before it got in the way of something important and installed a new pin.

Next up was figuring out where the current timing was. It was at least 5* off from factory spec, if not more, using my non scientific method of a timing wheel. I pulled the injector gear, aligned both pins and got it back to what should be factory 13.5* as long as no one has messed with the injection pump.

Next up, valve adjustment. Intake and exhaust are expected .010 and .020, I had readings all over the place from practically 0 to .035. Put everything into its proper spec and torque, waiting on fresh gaskets to come in and i'll close it up. I must say though these valve look clean as hell. I havn't cleaned or wiped down a single thing on this engine

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is so relieving to break down a motor and see the effects of routine maintenance!

OK so you are saying get rid of the 7.4 vortec gas guzzler and idle over rocks??! Haha

Are you running the factory turbo? If so what shape is it in?