Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve been running the steps through my head, I don’t think the cab is going back on the truck until spring time at this rate.
The bottom steps are required before I put the cab on the frame but I am working on picking up a Cummins which may be better suited to be installed without the cab on the frame. Thoughts?

Work remaining on the cab:
  1. Repair rotten windshield channel
  2. Epoxy primer, sealer, the roof
  3. Flip the cab over
  4. Clean entire floor, Epoxy primer, kilmat
  5. Finish rocker and cab corners
  6. Install windshield
  7. Epoxy prime/seal entire cab
  8. Fenders and core support need some body work

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Starting stripping the interior floor. The paint looked decent when I pulled up the carpet long ago but in reality all of the paint was bubbling and peeling up.

After the grinding I washed it all down with dawn dish soap. Letting it dry for a day or two and then will spray two coats of epoxy primer

You must be registered for see images attach

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards a two or three heavy coats of epoxy primer and then a layer of kilmat sound deadening off of Amazon that every seems to like.

Are there any better ideas? This will get a cummins at some point so I expect sound resonance to be of importance

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sounds pretty good to me... there are also some ceramic paints out there too that help deaden sound and heat. I have a friend with an FJ80 that was v8 swapped and that is what he did with some sound deadening... worked really well. With the diesel swap, I think you are dead on for keeping the cab quiet and being able to add more where and if needed. Bedliner and sound deadening does not make sense.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am extremely proud of myself. Yesterday I followed up on one of those too good to be true marketplace ads and came home with a Cummins. I have so much to learn it’s not even funny but we all have to start somewhere.

1997 12valve Cummins, CPL: 2175. P-pump, inter cooled out of a manual trans Dodge

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
I am extremely proud of myself. Yesterday I followed up on one of those too good to be true marketplace ads and came home with a Cummins. I have so much to learn it’s not even funny but we all have to start somewhere.

1997 12valve Cummins, CPL: 2175. P-pump, inter cooled out of a manual trans Dodge

Now by too good to be true, what’d you score it for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was 20 minutes away from me, got it for $1500 when everything I find is always $3k+, already pulled and he had a fork lift to load it up.

The only downside is the mileage is unknown, it came from a fleet maintenance shop that has had it sitting on the shelf as a spare for many years. I need to get better pictures in the day light but looking it over it appears to be in immaculate shape for example all the return springs are still perfect CAD coated and the exhaust manifold bolts barely have any surface rust on them. The interior of the coolant outlet looks practically brand new.

I need to drain the oil, find a spare battery and starter to fire it up. But I’m afraid that won’t be for a little while. Tryin to stay focused on the cab