Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Getting a bit further on the driver side. The floor has been patched out, the outer floor pan is in place.

I started patching the extended cab inner rocker backing plate area. It doesn't appear that a patch panel is made for this area so I started with a front backing plate, cut the upper flange off of it and extended the profile of the front. Although this repair panel originally for the front is not tall enough for the rear it contains the proper profile on the bottom flange for the inner and outer cab corner to nicely plug weld in place. I'll use some sheet metal to make up for the height difference.

You must be registered for see images attach

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fixed up some of the gaps on the patch for the drivers side then with the help of some friends we got the cab flipped over so i can begin on the bottom

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A little bit of effort to clean up the bottom. Cut off the rotten heat shields and started to remove the old paint. This is some sort work

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After months of searching the usual online marketplaces I found a nearly pristine third door only an hour away.

Made my week when I got some and cleaned it up with some purple power - all it needs is a some glazing putty in two spots and a color change

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have also acquired epoxy primer and raptor liner to cover the bottom of the truck, also not pictured is SEM 2k seam sealer to redo nearly all of the factor seams

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spent the morning scrubbing the bottom of the cab with dawn dish soap, let the sun dry it up and then SPI's Wax+Grease remover. Shot the first coat of SPI Epoxy Primer. I'll let it dry for a day, seam seal up all the factor locations that I removed from body work and general old brittle stuff, then shoot a second layer of epoxy primer over it all.

Attempting to shoot the raptor liner in the next week. Trying to beat the colder temps here in Mass

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today I cracked open the four bottle kit of UPOL Raptor liner. I was still within 7 days of the epoxy primer so no additional prep was required other than masking

I covered from the top of firewall to the rear cab seam with two coats. Each coat took two bottle. Shot with supplied gun at 50psi full trigger. I wasn’t happy after shaking the bottle for 2 minutes as instructed and decided to shake each bottle for 10.

Last edited: