Rust in thermostat housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deven bullis

Employed by the big blue hexagon
Reaction score
Disassembled the intake last night to give to my dad who has a hot bath at work. Got it back about an hour ago, plan on picking up Evapo-Rust Friday after work and having sit over the weekend where I can check on it every few hours
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Aside from the water passages that looks A-OK. How are the flanges that mate to the heads? I'd be hard pressed to find a reason to junk that intake. Worst case you end up slobbering some silicone on the thermostat o-ring.

deven bullis

Reaction score
Aside from the water passages that looks A-OK. How are the flanges that mate to the heads? I'd be hard pressed to find a reason to junk that intake. Worst case you end up slobbering some silicone on the thermostat o-ring.

The runners look fine except for the water outlets on both sides, so those might be a problem also.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding ghetto, I've seen JB Weld used there too. Smear it on, shave it down, and blend it in with the rest. Back in the day on my Crown Vic I smashed silicone on there and it worked fine. Wouldn't hesitate to try that again because, in the event it failed, I'm willing to fix it properly.

deven bullis

Reaction score
1 gallon of evapo-rust isn’t enough, but it’s enough to cover the thermostat housing, gonna get some more tomorrow to cover some threads higher up on the intake