Rust belt people

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as a guy from texas I was wondering what y’all use for rust prevention on your daily drivers… my little brother is in North Carolina and just bought a new Tacoma. I know undercoating is a thing but that’s about as far as my knowledge goes. Thank you and I’m sorry that you have to live in the cold :biggrin:

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
So if the north is called the rust belt I guess you could call us southerners the Non-rust belt :) The only bolts I've had problems with are the exhaust manifold bolts...but then everyone has probs with those damn things.

Eric O. loves Fliud Film as well

DDTurbo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only tell you that if you have a special vehicle, to keep it a long while, you must never drive it between Thanksgiving and Easter.
Our 1994 Suburban has never been on the road during the "off season" and all the paint is original. And no rust below.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Which is why I purchased a Southern truck and brought it North.
Unfortunately I did the opposite. My truck is a one owner out of Northern Missouri (originally delivered to and bought in Fort Madison, IA) and I brought it south to GA. It was undercoated originally, but the coating is flaking off and has some rust underneath. Not a fun process removing all of that and restoring the metal for sure.

Last edited: