Runs Rough Under Load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Essayons

Reaction score
I battled an issue like this for about two years. replaced everything up to and including the injector spider. was silly of me to overlook this issue for so long but whatever ‍♂️ My issue was the “cam retard“ was about -27 degrees. You do need a scan tool to set it correctly but once I got the timing in spec I’ve never had an issue.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My issue was the “cam retard“ was about -27 degrees. You do need a scan tool to set it correctly but once I got the timing in spec I’ve never had an issue.
The "cam retard" is measured in degrees, but it has NOTHING to do with ignition timing. Timing is taken from the crank sensor, not the distributor/cam sensor.

"Cam retard" is merely synchronizing the cam sensor signal to align with the crank sensor signal. This keeps the computer happy, and it assures that the rotor is pointing to the correct terminal on the distributor cap.

Essayons

Reaction score
The "cam retard" is measured in degrees, but it has NOTHING to do with ignition timing. Timing is taken from the crank sensor, not the distributor/cam sensor.

"Cam retard" is merely synchronizing the cam sensor signal to align with the crank sensor signal. This keeps the computer happy, and it assures that the rotor is pointing to the correct terminal on the distributor cap.
It fixed mine, apparently the computer wasn’t happy haha

Attachments

• BF2BB209-F49A-4B76-A563-F62F2132D96B.jpeg
    BF2BB209-F49A-4B76-A563-F62F2132D96B.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 3ACEB0DC-3B1A-4B7A-ABB7-6E547B859C2C.jpeg
    3ACEB0DC-3B1A-4B7A-ABB7-6E547B859C2C.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 11

Essayons

Reaction score
And thank you for clarifying my timing remark. I chose the phrase for lack of being able to explain it as well as you did.