Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My tahoe's glovebox sticker is all smudged up and I need my rpo codes for brakes and an axle replacement coming up soon. I tried going to my local GM dealer and asking for its sheet but they only go as far back as 2003. That's great if I have an 03 but my Tahoe is a 99. Is there any way I can find the RPO codes on the vehicle? I have the original window sticker but its really just a collectors item at this point.
This site is pretty accurate:

Just input your VIN and it outputs information including your RPO codes.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you download the factory model year service manuals, for free on this forum. In the first chapter has the truck basic info, and descriptions. There is also a few pages listing all the RPO codes and definitions for that years model. Photo attached.
You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The RPO code definitions can vary slightly from year to year. It takes the model year and that years RPO code for exact definition. ( 700R4 RPO code was still used later on, but the later years models the definition was now 4L60)