RPO Codes - Reverse Engineer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So FLR means paint color? I looked up RPO code Zw9 which is: Chassis Cab, BCM program for no turn signal outage detection. which makes sense, but could never figure out FLR
No No! I didn’t say that. I don’t know I guess, I thought you had pointed out FLR was ZW9. Someone will chime in and hopefully know.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have tried most of the free vin decoders, here is the best info I found so far (I don't think I will get much more):

Have you tried compnine.com? They usually don't have data on the earlier trucks unfortunately like @Caman96 said, but I just pasted the VIN from your post into their home page and it says a report is available with 44 options installed in the build sheet. The RPO breakdowns for vehicles they have data on are generally more accurate and complete than the free decoders I've seen.

It's $5 to run five VINs normally, but @1ton-o-fun might be able to run the lookup for you. He has an account with them and has offered to run VINs for other forum members.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Have you tried compnine.com? They usually don't have data on the earlier trucks unfortunately like @Caman96 said, but I just pasted the VIN from your post into their home page and it says a report is available with 44 options installed in the build sheet. The RPO breakdowns for vehicles they have data on are generally more accurate and complete than the free decoders I've seen.

It's $5 to run five VINs normally, but @1ton-o-fun might be able to run the lookup for you. He has an account with them and has offered to run VINs for other forum members.

Tis true! I can run it through. I just wish the early 400 weren't am issue

BuiltToWork

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What was the difference between the 2?
From the Free VIN sites this is what I got (No RPO Codes and 8 lines of info)

Information provided below is based on the details provided by the manufacturer of this vehicle to NHTSA in the part 565 submittal

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: Class 2H: 9,001 - 10,000 lb (4,082 - 4,536 kg)
Cylinders: 8Drive Type: 4WD/4-Wheel Drive/4x4
Primary Fuel Type: GasolineEngine Model:
Secondary Fuel Type:Engine Brake (HP):
Engine Manufacturer: CPCTransmission Speed:
Transmission Style:Cab Type:
Bed Type:Engine Displacement (L): 7.4

Plant Information: NA - Truck Platform, PONTIAC, MICHIGAN, UNITED STATES (USA)

From heskahoka's compnine.com account I got three pages of RPO Codes! (attached for quick reference)

Attachments

• VIN 1GBHK34N8LE219367.pdf
    460.3 KB · Views: 1