RPM jump/ transmission surge when TCC locks up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nivlem7

Reaction score
When TCC lockup occurs in 3rd or 4th gear, at vehicle speeds in the 35-50 MPH range, it feels like the torque convert is kicking in and out - RPMs drop a few hundred, then jump back up every second or so. If I tap the brakes, TCC lockup disengages, and RPMs stay at the higher level. At higher speeds, TCC lockup occurs with no issues.

1995 K1500 5.7L w/4L60E. Has 145k miles. Tranny fluid level is good, looks/smells normal (not burnt).

I have a Tunerpro RT datalog, trying to upload it now.

Watching the following variables is interesting:

TCC is being forced off - value is always "False"

TCC Enable Solenoid - always valid except when TCC applied changes state, then one instance of "invalid" when TCC Applied changes from TRUE to FALSE

TCC in Release Mode due to slipping - One instance of True just after "TCC in lock-adjust mode" changes from TRUE to FALSE, otherwise always FALSE

TCC in lock-adjust mode - Appears to be TRUE shortly after "TCC applied" changes from FALSE to TRUE

TCC applied - TRUE when in 3rd or 4th gear and TCC lockup is expected.

Negative Slip recently prevents TCC apply - Always FALSE

I cannot find any description of what "TCC in lock-adjust mode" means - a google search finds nothing, and I've perused a few forums, but can't seem to find a better description of what this means.

nivlem7

Reaction score
Uplading data logs for two drives. Using the $0D adx file.

Attachments

• 1995_K1500.zip
    357.7 KB · Views: 2