Routing of dual exhaust when lowered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got my off of my truck to clean the frame and install the lowering kit. When you lower a truck 4/6, what are people doing with the exhaust because I feel like my rear end will hit the exhaust.

You must be registered for see images

Does anyone have any pictures of how they route their exhaust when lowering their truck and having a roll pan?

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
Well mine is with flip kit but stock bumper and hitch still. To get my pipes out the back I had to trim the bed bracing just like the rear axle pumpkin clearance. They routed my pipes over axle and they routed them thru my shock extenders and axle and around the hitch and spare tire. If you don't have a hitch or spare any shop won't have any problem stunning pipes out the back! Just clearance the bed brace for the pipes to get over the axle and you'll be fine! O yea and that's just for a short bed. If you have a long bed that brace shouldn't be right over the axle so it doesn't need trimmed.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, I guess I'll have to look at it better tomorrow. Would you photo of how your routed it through your shock extenders.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well the pipe does touch the shock alitle bit if i have helper bags aired out completly. but not enough to blow the shock yet. and im not sure if it hits my pumpkin or not. i know it hits somewhere when its aired out cause i can hear it pop when i air back up. i havent really gotten that worried to really inspect it just yet. ill check it out next time i have my bed off my truck which probably hold off till spring. i need to change out my fuel pumps sending unit cause my fuel gauge is jacked up.
i could get the rear drivers side pipe redone and they said they could try to move it to outside next time but it would just be more work and cash. but any shop should be able to get your truck up on the rack and lift and they should be able to talk with ya and show you where they can run them. every truck is different! i have alot under the rear with the hitch and spare tire take up alot of space. and when i had it done i had the helper bags aired up decently and they didnt know it was adjustable so when they did it it was good. i never blamed them for it touching the shock.

You must be registered for see images attach

heres afew pics of when i did have the bed off when i changed fuel pump awhile back.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Decided to just cut the exhaust after the muffler before the axle. I'm just gonna get the exhaust done when we put the new cnc motorsports crate in next year