Rough suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Look at it again, it probably has two options. 80psi is for max load capacity, and it's usually only called out for rears.
My one ton has 50 on the fronts and 80 on the rear for max inflation, listed on the door decal. The fronts were at 32 before we went to the swap meet last month, and the rears had around 40. The front tires were beginning to wear on the edges, being under inflated, and that has stopped with them at 45. I have 75 in the rears; rides great with a load, hard without one. Rear tires are Michelin and look fairly new, plenty of tread left.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also have an 86 K3500, I've posted photos blue upper, white lower. And yeah with about eight bales, or a yard of gravel it's rides better. But since I rarely get more than half it's capacity I run to less with no problems.
On the flip side, if I'm pulling a two horse with a dressing room storage lounge area. Or car trailer on the hunt for grown up toys, everything gets pre trip service.
Seems like hassle but I've posted before about my uncle driving the Suburban with 55 psi in the tires, the headache and loose fillings, we threatened to walk home if didn't let some air out. :3811797817_8d685371

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My one ton has 50 on the fronts and 80 on the rear for max inflation, listed on the door decal. The fronts were at 32 before we went to the swap meet last month, and the rears had around 40. The front tires were beginning to wear on the edges, being under inflated, and that has stopped with them at 45. I have 75 in the rears; rides great with a load, hard without one. Rear tires are Michelin and look fairly new, plenty of tread left.

Yeah in a 3500 i'd run it higher just because it's expecting that, OP's 1500 is gonna be different though.