Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DSSpeck

Reaction score
Hello All,

so, last year I bought the Rough Country Hidden Winch mount for my ‘99 Yukon SLT 4 door 4x4. I swear to god that when I bought it Rough Country’s website confirmed fitment for my truck. Started getting things together to install it with a Badlands 12Klb today. I miss placed the instructions and template for the cutout needed on the bumper. I went to their site to see if I could download a pdf and now it says “will not fit vehicle”, but it does fit ‘99 Tahoe, Chevy and GMC Suburban, all 1500 trucks, but not my Yukon.
I’m fully capable of making adjustments to make it fit, if it’s at all possible. But, before I dive into it, does anyone know what would be the major difference between ‘99 Tahoe and Yukon when it comes to the area around the fan shroud, radiator mounts, trans cooler, etc…that would be so different that it won’t work?

thanks for any help and advice

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing that is different on a Tahoe/Yukon is the grill and badges. Everything else is the same. They might be thinking NBS being a 99. Or possibly thinking you have a diesel.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
99 1500 trucks and SUV's are not the same. Half ton trucks are the GMT800's (NBS), the 99 SUV's (all of them) are GMT400's.
I would call Rough Country and ask them what the part number you have fits.

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello All,

so, last year I bought the Rough Country Hidden Winch mount for my ‘99 Yukon SLT 4 door 4x4. I swear to god that when I bought it Rough Country’s website confirmed fitment for my truck. Started getting things together to install it with a Badlands 12Klb today. I miss placed the instructions and template for the cutout needed on the bumper. I went to their site to see if I could download a pdf and now it says “will not fit vehicle”, but it does fit ‘99 Tahoe, Chevy and GMC Suburban, all 1500 trucks, but not my Yukon.
I’m fully capable of making adjustments to make it fit, if it’s at all possible. But, before I dive into it, does anyone know what would be the major difference between ‘99 Tahoe and Yukon when it comes to the area around the fan shroud, radiator mounts, trans cooler, etc…that would be so different that it won’t work?

thanks for any help and advice
Can you make a diy I want to buy that kit as well I seen the rough country video but no installation instructions

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you make a diy I want to buy that kit as well I seen the rough country video but no installation instructions

It comes with instructions and it's very simple to install. The only recommendation I'd add is throw out the hardware that comes with it and use your own.