Roof/ceiling mounted monitor???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
anyone installed a roof/ceiling mounted monitor in a 98 or so Burb?
Looking for pic's, tips etc...

Thanks

Howard

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
X2. Planning on doing the same thing. wm thinking of putting one in place of the stock dome light and using a piece of fabric covered plastic or wood to fill in the back toward the console. The only problem with that is that it blocks the rear view mirror.

TIMAXRACING

Reaction score
7 inch monitor.

I made one of wood with a 7 inch monitor. Its only cover a littel bit in the top of the mirror.

Attachments

• !cid_DSC00268.jpg
    !cid_DSC00268.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 50
Reaction score
I had one in my 99' Yukon, I really didn't like it hanging down in my line of rearview sight not to mention the kid said she didn't like looking up at it so she uses the portable one all the time. I did the install my self and it was really easy except for cutting a perfectly good headliner. Have someone help you with the positioning of it. Have them hold it up where you want it and then get in the drivers seat and check your mirror, make sure it doesn't block your line of sight and your comfortable with it. I laid mine out with masking tape before cutting into the liner. Sorry I don't have any pictures of the set up, I don't have the truck anymore.

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I'm thinking of going with 20" or so. It'll really only be for long road trips...which we take a few of.
I just finished installing a new Pioneer system with the 6.5" in-dash DVD player.
That was an 'experience'. Good practice I guess.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
anyone installed a roof/ceiling mounted monitor in a 98 or so Burb?
Looking for pic's, tips etc...

Thanks

Howard
“Rosen” is the from the factory brand at least for some years! Mine in my Escalade came with a vhs player and flip down screen which I need to update or have looked at but it’s about a 6-7” screen not too bulky as not block the rear view mirror.
You must be registered for see images attach