Ronnster's 1998 ECSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RonRonnster

Reaction score
Hello everyone - I've lurked for a while now and wanted to make it official. I've owned several GMT400's - Suburbans, Yukons, K1500s, etc. Sold my '96 a several years back and immediately regretted that decision. I went out and bought a nearly identical '98 and have been enjoying it for over two years now. I don't plan on getting rid of it! I don't have any big plans for it immediately, but I will do something about the exhaust this summer and want to get a bed liner sprayed. One day I will strip off the trim myself and take it to get painted - but it still shines up good for now! I like to keep my truck stock, so this truck will stay "boring" for the most part!

Just detailed
You must be registered for see images attach

Playing in the snow

Last edited:

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My dad had a 1997 Z71 same color and combo as that in the early 2000's. It was the first thing I drove after I got my driver's license. I guess maybe that's why I just bought a CCSB last month!

RonRonnster

Reaction score
Truck is in great looking shape & those wheels are sharp!

Thanks! The wheels have some sentimental value for me. My uncle had them on his '98 Suburban from new - I always thought they looked good on the 400s. Being 20+ years old now they are starting to show their age - peeling and pitting. Just need to find a place that will strip and rechrome them - or at least strip and powder coat with a gunmetal gray or something in high gloss. Seems the hardest part is getting them stripped - can't find a place that will do alloy wheels.

Just put on a new catalytic converter (old one was rattling like hell) and had a Walker SoundFX muffler put on. Sounds great! Very happy with it.

RonRonnster

Reaction score
I picked up a slightly used OEM grille and parking lamps to replace my aftermarket one. I didn't like that the aftermarket grille looks slightly different than the OEM one around the bowtie, and the old bugshield was pushing down on the grill making it look ugly. Below is a before on top and an after pic below it. Now I just need to replace the bumper molding - or get smoothie bumper with fog lights!

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I picked up a slightly used OEM grille and parking lamps to replace my aftermarket one. I didn't like that the aftermarket grille looks slightly different than the OEM one around the bowtie, and the old bugshield was pushing down on the grill making it look ugly. Below is a before on top and an after pic below it. Now I just need to replace the bumper molding - or get smoothie bumper with fog lights!

Funny you say that because I hate the exact same thing on my aftermarket grille lol. The OEM looks a lot better because it’s all molded around the bowtie.